President, Senior Engineer & Project Manager
Areas of Expertise
- Site Development Planning & Project Management
- Potable Water Supply Systems
- Environmental Assessments & Permitting
- Onsite Wastewater Systems
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- H204U, Inc. – Wilmington, NC Owner/General Manager
- S&ME, Inc. – Charleston, SC Project Manager
- The Fletcher Group, Inc. – Asheville, NC , Engineer Associate
- Vopak Industrial Services, Inc. – Mauldin, SC Sales and Project Manager
- B.A. in Economics – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.S. in Environmental Engineering – Montana State University
- Professional Engineer in North and South Carolina
- Certified by National Council of Examiners for Engineers
- NC On-site Wastewater Contractors & Inspectors Certification Board
- Fmr. City of Asheville Planning & Zoning Board
- North Carolina Society of Professional Engineers
- National Onsite Water Recycling Association
Recent Project Work
Cottages of Boone
WATUGA COUNTY, NC
Provided comprenensive project management for all aspcets of design and permitting. Directed collaboration between architectural firm, land planning firm, environmental consultant, traffic consultant, geotechnical engineering firm, structural engineering firm, and multiple internal site engineers. The project was very complex as the 900-bed student apartment project is constructed along mountainous ridgeline and is served by onsite community water and wastewater treatment systems and a complex system of varying wall types. Multiple permitting and entitlements were obtained in an expedited time-frame. Mr. Brooks worked closely with the developer to analyze project cost and timelines and work through multiple value engineering options.
Cliffs at High Carolina
Designed, permitted a new 200,000 gpd on-site wastewater treatment system. The treatment plant provides “reuse” quality effluent that is land applied by a drip irrigation system and provides conjunctive use for golf course irrigation.
Bear Lake Reserve
Designed, permitted and provided construction oversight of a new 125,000 gpd on-site wastewater treatment system for Phase II of the development. The treatment plant provides “reuse” quality effluent that is land applied by a drip irrigation system.
South Carolina DHEC
Designed, permitted and installed as prime contractor multiple remediation systems at underground petroleum storage tank release sites, using our own mobile groundwater remediation system which has achieved site closure at one site in less than one year.
The Bohemian Hotel
Performed the initial environmental site assessments on a site that had been a gas station for over 70 years. An upscale hotel was to be built with a parking deck below the groundwater table which was contaminated with petroleum VOCs. BEA engineered the groundwater dewatering system for the subgrade construction. Groundwater was pumped to an on-site air stripper that reduced petroleum VOCs to state groundwater standards before discharge to the regional sanitary sewer system. BEA also provided comprehensive civil engineering and surveying for the project.
American Miso Corporation
Designed and permitted a 6,000 gpd industrial wastewater pretreatment system for food processing company. Design considerations included high strength BOD and high sodium content with land based disposal.